The cause of the fire is called a wiring fault.
On January 4, in Koszalin (Poland), five 15-year-old girls died during a fire while passing an escape quest that required getting out of a locked room in a limited time (usually up to an hour), solving a series of puzzles. It is reported by The Guardian.
Playing the quest celebrated the birthday of one of the girls. During the quest, a fire started in the room. All five girls died.
Firefighters rescued a 26-year-old male. Presumably, he was an employee of the questroom. Doctors are fighting for his life. His condition does not allow interrogation.
The city declared mourning. President Andrzej Duda expressed his condolences on Twitter.
Druzgocąca tragedia w Koszalinie. Pięć radosnych, wchodzących w życie Dziewcząt zostało z życia wyrwanych. Niech Pan Bóg ma swojej opiece Ich Rodziców i Najbliższych. RiP
— Andrzej Duda (@AndrzejDuda) January 4, 2019
As a result of the fire, fire safety inspections were initiated throughout the country for objects of this type. The fire service complains that the opening of such ‘attractions’ does not require their consent.
On Saturday, city officials said it was most likely that electrical wiring and negligence in security checks were the cause of the fire.